Sponsors

Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Track: Follow

I've been mulling around a song idea for several years and am just now getting to complete it. I have laid down what I believe are the essential instrumental tracks now, and have begun the vocal tracks. Interestingly (for me), this song began life inspired by a Delirous song (I don't remember which one), but as it grew and evolved it became something completely different: a musical tribute to some of most influential ideologists (for me):

  • John Lennon (with the whole "give peace a chance" and "all we need is love" thing
  • Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (with the whole "content of your character" vs. "color of your skin" thing)
  • Jesus (with the whole "love your neighbor as yourself", "lose your life to keep it" thing)
Lyrically I hope to show how these men taught some things which are inspirational for me - things I aspire to become / achieve; things that I hope speak to all people everywhere throughout the generations. Musically, it is a tribute to the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper album, AND 90's grunge sound (circa, Bush / Stone Temple Pilots / Pearl Jam / Nirvana).

We'll see if I can pull this off. I have questions as to whether I'm trying to cover too much ground both lyrically and musically. I remember my dad used to say "keep it simple stupid' (and I would laugh hysterically, being a 7 year old boy). I'm afraid I've digressed from that concept on this song. But something inside of me keeps pushing that direction regardless of what my common sense tells me. We'll see if this is a train wreck or a great song.

No comments:

My Music - The Phos

 
#Google Analytics